The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by Case Furniture and by using the Case Furniture website generally you agree to this use.
- When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
- We may use the information you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, that we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by email, mail or otherwise) about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish Case Furniture to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the opt-out box provided when registering.
- We do occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses) available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to. If you do not wish to receive such offers please email contact us with ‘unsubscribe to 3rd party’ in the subject field.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- If at a later date you wish to opt out of receiving marketing information from Case Furniture, you can unsubscribe by contacting us with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject field.
- We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- To employees and agents of Case Furniture to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Case Furniture now or in the future.
- Agents who profile your data so that we can tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs. We may also disclose your information:
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the website you visited prior to our site.
- We may supplement the information you provide us with information we receive from third parties.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you – upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of £10. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies and how they affect you
Completely harmless to your computer, cookies don’t store personally identifiable information such as name, address or payment details, but they do provide us with encrypted information to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify errors, suggest related and recommended products and allow you to connect with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
As part of Case Furniture’s commitment to comply with recent legislation changes, and to ensure that we are absolutely clear about your privacy when using our website, we have detailed full information on cookies and how we use them on casefurniture.com.
There are four types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Performance cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Targeting or advertising cookies.
We collect personal data from you only for the purpose of fulfilling your orders for products, order processing and payment clearing, future communication and liaison with you (only by opting in at time of purchase or by joining our mailing list).
Your personal data is kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties except for the purposes of processing credit card transactions, fulfilling orders and delivering packages.
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites. You take your own risk to supply any personal data to those websites if you are asked to do so by them, and we will not be responsible for the actions of those websites.
If you have supplied any personal data to us, you have the right to request access to and correction of such personal data held by us. Enquiries concerning your personal data held by us, including making of access and corrections, should be addressed to Case Furniture Ltd., 23 East Hill London SW18 2HZ, UK.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc. Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website.
Most browsers can be programmed to reject, or warn you before downloading cookies, information regarding this may be found in your browsers ‘help’ facility.